two feature requests for 4.0
marc_renault shared this question 12 years ago
I'm very excited to see how 4.0 is progressing! Two requests:
1) I would LOVE to be able to insert a "control panel" rectangle that
* has absolute position on screen
* lies under all controls (text, sliders, text fields, buttons, etc.)
* lies over all graphical objects
Grouping controls together over one of these rectangles would VASTLY reduce clutter on the screen.
2) It would be great to see text objects in the algebra view. Currently, we already see checkboxes, sliders, buttons, and textfields.
- Feedback & Questions
- +43 677 6137 2693
You want something like this:
Do-nuts technique (see http://www.geogebra.org/for...)
This works fine with a left-hand panel. I tried this with a right-hand panel attached to corner3, but even though the box stays fixed relative to the corner, the text doesn't when you change the size of the window :(
I could perhaps link the text to a corner of the panel, but it seams to be a big complication.
That's a good point, slik. Ideally there would be a control panel object, and text and controls could be "magnetically attached" to the control panel.
There is now a 2nd graphics view. It's still very experimental, but you might like to try it out as a control panel. See here:
You can now do this (probably better than you describe :) ) - see here:
Comments have been locked on this page!