When I click in a forum post on the "Show Translation" button,
the only thing happening is that the button "Show Translation" disappears.
Do you have your Language set up correctly in Account Settings?
Trivial. Of course I have tried all obvious options before posting. As we may expect from everyone.
It happened also last week, and the developers fixed it.
Now it's working here in Firefox.
It works for me in Chrome.
Maybe my expectations are wrong.
See this video capture
Ok I see your wrong expectations :) and did some tests. It seems to be working for some language pairs, but not for all.
If my default Forum language is Italian I get the translation.
I tried switching it to Dutch (Belgian) and it works, but it doesn't for Dutch (Nederlands) - is that your default Language?
Just alerted the Web boss about that
Indeed, Dutch is my default language.
Thanks for your replies :-)
I'm totally unaware of the differences between the two Dutch options. If it's just like Italian and Swiss the differences should be a few - maybe in the meanwhile you could try switching to the Belgian Dutch and possibly reports if there are issues with that too :)
I deed, Paul is from the Netherlands, While my translation into dutch (Belgium) is rather bad but at least it works. I only have problems with the automatic language speller of my tablet while on holliday
Thanks for the report. The problem was with language variants so it didn't work for English (UK), Dutch (Netherlands) etc; now instead of failing it should provide you with a translation to the top-level language (just English or Dutch).
For translation of text in posts itself there’s no language problem at all. If something is asked about certain commands I can check possible differences between the two dutch versions (at least when I’m back home...). So we’ll work ourselves out.
Comments have been locked on this page!