Issue with online web applet use in Geogebra using two graphics views.

BSS_Math shared this question 7 months ago
Answered

Hi,

I decided to create a graphing program using two graphics views. The program works well using the geogebra program on windows. However when using the program online, I have run into an issue that I have no idea how to fix.

Please see: https://ggbm.at/ezx3fh9c

Using the program, if you change the function and then drag the window (graphics 2) to see the graph, the function input automatically changes to the number 2, thus changing the results when the program updates. I suppose the number 2 is some how related to graphics 2. Is this an error in the code?

Thank you for your help.

The shared link is https://

ggbm.at/ezx3fh9c

Comments (4)

photo
1

the file works fine if you click in some empty zone of graphics window before moving, so it is a problem with focus of mouse


I think it is possible that SelectObjects( ) in a line of onupdate script of the inputbox can be a solution

photo
1

also I think that it is more stable to put the inputbox,texts,checkbox etc in graphics2 and the function in graphics then change the layout

photo
1

I also found another error where if you take the slider that moves the graphics 2 window and bring it to the edge of the screen on the right hand side and then drag back to the left, the scale and thus the graph on Graphics 2 gets messed up. This is very rare. I got this error on my laptop, but from home where my PC is much more powerful, I do not run into this.


I have a similar app where everything is all done in on graphics and I just added in some check boxes to hide some text boxes. I was experimenting with adding graphics 2 today and learning some options.


I tried SelectObjects() by modifying the file in the online editor. It seems to have locked the ability to drag the graphics window. I will try editing the program on my work laptop and re uploading it with that script tomorrow to see if this still is the case.

photo
1

I just got to work, used select objects and this seems to have resolved the problem. With regards to the other error I am seeing, it seems to happen more on my work laptop when compared to my home computer which is much more powerful. On both browsers I am using chrome. My OS on my laptop is Win7 and my OS at home is Win10 but I don't see why the OS would be the issue. Overall its not a big deal. If it happens, I just refresh the program and re-type the function in.

© 2019 International GeoGebra Institute