insert-file-feature in greek not work

xtzetzias shared this problem 5 years ago
Answered

Hi all.

I have to .ggb files with two different constunctions and i want to merge them into one. I tried to insert one file into the other, as proposed here http://wiki.geogebra.org/en..., but it didn't work. Actually, absolutetly nothing happened. The prosedure is quite straightworwars, so i think it's unlikely that i've made a mistake.

Is it possible that it does not work for some reason?

I'm using 5.0.36 in windows right now but i also tried it on linux. Same results.

Thanks,

Christos

Comments (15)

photo
1

Hi Christos


please send the 2 gbb-files to this thread.


Raymond

photo
1

Hi rami, thanks for the reply.

I attach the two files. Good luck!

https://ggbm.at/569539

https://ggbm.at/569541

photo
1

The following example (language greek) can not be used with the insert-file-feature (http://wiki.geogebra.org/en...)

https://ggbm.at/569545


If all object names are changed to a name with latin-characters then there is no problem with the insert-file-feature.

The following file works correct.

https://ggbm.at/569547


I think some object names in the greek language (or only some characters of greek language or the unicode-block) are not compatible with the insert-file-feature.

photo
1

Hi Christos


The Error is in the font-set of the greek-language.


Raymond

photo
1

Thanks Raymond.

So you think that if I rename some of the objects, it may work?

photo
1

In addition, can you tell me how did you make this renaming? It seems to be an automated work.

photo
1

I have try some, but without success.

But maybe it's the unicode-subrange. If yes then you must change all names (maybe).


When insert a file, then GGB add an index (_1) to the names. Then (I assume) GGB check if there are equal names and modify the index (_n+1) if necessary.


So I think the easiest way is to rename all object names with latin-letters.

But first wait, maybe the developers can make easy and quick a fix.


Raymond

photo
1

Ok, thanks a lot!

photo
1

Yes the renaming was automatically. In the file "Forum_37824_A_file2.ggb" in the bug-report is a button "change all object names". There you can find a small java-script


Raymond

photo
1

Thanks again!

Christos

photo
1

And here (maybe) the solution of the problem:


The file is created in GGB version 3.2.

Maybe there was not yet a Unicode.


Open the file in GGB 5.0.50 and save it under a new name. Then use it for an insert in another file (also in GGB 5.0.50)


Raymond

photo
1

I'll try that later today. However, both the files i uploaded where created (from scratch) with geogebra 5 (linux version). It's strange what you say about 3.2. I've never used it for years.

photo
1

Sorry :exclamation: I was confused with my file-organisation :flushed:

The GGB-version of your files is 5.0.44. A conversion to 5.0.50 has no effect.


It is and will remain a bug.


Raymond

photo
1

Please try 5.0.52.0

photo
1

Oh! That works fine now (used the linux portable package) Thanks!

© 2020 International GeoGebra Institute