Accuracy of Implicit Curve Rendering
I noticed that plotting the hyperbola eq1: x² + 2 / sqrt(3) x y - y² = 1 shows the x-intercepts at about -1.00000115 and 1.00000115 instead of exactly -1 and 1. Using the Intersect tool to show the intercept points Intersect(eq1, xAxis) correctly shows them at (-1, 0) and (1, 0), so that calculation is happening correctly behind the scenes, but something is going amiss with the display of the curve itself.
Plotting the same hyperbola as Curve((sqrt(1 / 2 sqrt(3) sec(2 (θ - π / 12))); θ), θ, 0, 2π) also works correctly, visually showing the x-intercepts at exactly -1 and 1, so the problem seems to be specifically with the implicit curve rendering rather than with the hyperbola itself.
I tested this in the web application and in the desktop program. Both showed the same problem.
Thanks, we'll see if we can improve that.
You can also try
Comments have been locked on this page!