5.0.420.0 don't work

Heikki Höijer shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hello,

"GeoGebra Classic 5.0.420.0-d (Java 1.7.0_40-32bit, 247MB, CAS alustetaan)18 January 2018",

don't work properly (crashes, adds points on functions, ... God knoes what else ...).

Where can I load the previous version and after that, how can I prevent automatic upgrade?

Comments (4)

photo

Points are currently just a preview of the intersections between a function and the coordinate axes.

When you press Enter, the points are no longer shown both in Graphics and Algebra View.

I've used GeoGebra Classic 5 for the whole morning on different tasks, involving Analytic Geometry and Calculus, as well as CAS, and didn't have a single crash or issue.

Please post the file that caused the crash, or describe the steps to reproduce it, so the developers can check.

About automatic update, only the Portable versions of GeoGebra don't update automatically. From my point of view, having a version that automatically updates is better, because it contains the bug fixes and all the improvements to the software itself (new features, commands, etc.). Anyway, you can find old versions here.

You can download the Portable version from this page. Just select your OS and click the provided link.

photo

When you press Enter, the points are no longer shown both in Graphics and Algebra View.

or

When you clic on tools, the points are no longer shown both in Graphics and Algebra View.

this does not happen in ver 6

what is the use of this? I can not to use for creating a point or similar.

photo

Hi mathmagic.

Maybe it's just to show a preview of the possible intersection points, that you can discuss with students when you get a preview of the function, when it's not the final one.

I mean (but this is just my usual overthinking...) if you want to enter f(x)=x^2-4, while you type the first part of the equation e.g. f(x)=x^2, the "parabola" with vertex in O is shown, then when you enter the final part of the equation the previous one shift downwards, and you can show your students what's the graphic meaning of that -4, as well as show how the intersection points on the x-axis are related to the equation.

Just saying. I have no other weird ideas ;)

photo
photo

Hi, the points on function are a feature intended for GeoGebra 6, we will remove it form GeoGebra 5.

If you want to avoid automatic update you can use the portable version:

https://wiki.geogebra.org/e...

or disable update in registry:

https://wiki.geogebra.org/e...

© 2020 International GeoGebra Institute