4.9.21 news

Mathieu Blossier shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hi,

Some new fixes/ehancements:

* Now it's possible to do matrix * 3D point (thanks to Murkle)

* When mouse is clicked on xOy plane, create free 3D point.

* Button for show/hide xOy plane in 3D view style bar.

* Intersection tool for line/line, line/conic, conic/conic should work better with 2D/3D objects/view

* Euclidian view for plane : same view orientation as "view in front of"

* You can now choose an object which is behind another, by right-clicking over it. For example, you can easily select the hexagon that is inside the cube in the file below: right-click on over the hexagon, then e.g. "face BCGF" is first selected, but you can select the hexagon at the bottom of the popup menu. This should lead to much easier e.g. set properties, etc. You can also select the cube ("Prism e") itself to e.g. change the whole colour of it.

88af7b841a883cc2164eef909eabcb95

https://ggbm.at/554769

(Note that there is a little bug on display - should be fixed quickly.)

Mathieu

Comments (12)

photo

Hi,

Strange behavoir, especially since you can easily display the plan Oxy thanks to the style bar.

Regards,

Michel.

photo

Hi,

Strange behavoir, especially since you can easily display the plan Oxy thanks to the style bar.

In my point of view, this behaviour is quite invisible for the user (unless looking at the definition of the point), since when moving a 3D point, first you can move it parallel to xOy plane. And I think it's more comfortable to have points that can change height.

Cheers,

Mathieu

photo

But then how to create a point in Oxy plan (unless to write point[ ]). And the 'cross' indicates that the point will belong to the plan.

To create a 3D free point, just do not display the plan Oxy.

This is just my opinion.

Michel.

photo

Hi,

Well, I must say I've not a definitive opinion about this.

What balance for a free point is that switching the arrows to move the point along z-axis can be understood as "detaching" the point from xOy plane. So user doesn't see the difference - unless he looks at the point algebra description.

Furthermore the "cross" looks the same when the plane is not displayed - so I think it should have the same behaviour.

Cheers,

Mathieu

photo

Hi,

Here is an important improvement of GeoGebra with 3D view: you can now display a 2D view of a plane or polygon.

On the image below, you can see:

* on the left, the 3D view

* on the top right, the 2D view (corresponding to xOy plane)

* on the bottom right, a 2D view displayed from plane "f" (plane through points I, J, K)

d7bced9f1e4a9b169cbeef9ab5325549

To display a new 2D view, right-click a plane or polygon, and then click "show ... as 2D view". Please notice that there are still some bugs, but files should correctly save and load.

Here is the file:

https://ggbm.at/559059

Furthermore, not all tools are usable on such a view, since the context of the plane has to be added. So for now you can see the first tools implemented (points, lines, perpendicular/parallel line, polygon, circles).

You can make a try to these tools e.g. by creating the perpendicular line through point I to segment [IJ]:

* using the tool in current 2D view will create it in xOy plane (command PerpendicularLine[I, i, xOyPlane])

* using the tool in 3D view will create it in space (command PerpendicularLine[I, i, space]), which is undefined

* using the tool in plane f view will create it in plane f (command PerpendicularLine[I, i, f])

Using command PerpendicularLine[I, i] in input line will do the same, regarding which view is active.

Mathieu

photo

Hi,

* You can now use rotations in 3D :

http://wiki.geogebra.org/en...

Please notice that these commands only work on points for now (should be improved in the future ;) ).

* Distance/Length and Area tools now works on 3D view and on views created from a plane. Still some bugs about moving texts (on the todo list).

* Uploading 3D Applets to GeoGebraTube now works (currently the preview doesn't, hopefully fixed soon)

Cheers,

Mathieu

photo

Hi,

Now volumes are calculated for pyramids, prisms, cones, cylindres, cubes, etc. You can use :

* value shown in algebra view

* command Volume[ <Pyramid> ], Volume[ <Prism> ], Volume[ <Cone> ], Volume[ <Cylinder> ]

* volume tool (don't forget to restore default 3D toolbar)

Cheers,

Mathieu

photo

Hi,

Intersection tool now works with many objects as below

666dc7c36cee5a747185f79c8d1269e3

Just have a try on this file

https://ggbm.at/561655

Use the intersection tool to re-create all possible intersections ;)

75d4b5c1baa5b79edcdb663f1ae5ae24

Cheers,

Mathieu

photo

Hi,

Some improvement for views created from a plane, in the style bar :

b22492d7f0155587c9ab1a35a3394043

Button 1 : show/hide grid (as for other views)

Button 2 : center (and eventually rotate) the view to show something close to the 3D view

Button 3 : make the scale equal to 3D view

Note that buttons 1 & 2 actions are now automatically done when the view is created - so now things you want to show in this view should be visible at start.

Cheers,

Mathieu

photo

Hi,

You can now display trace of most objects also in 3D view.

Cheers,

Mathieu

photo

Hi,

Now transformations (reflexion, rotation, etc.) should work well with 3D objects. You can use the tools in the 3D view (go to Tools > Customize toolbar > Graphic view 3D > Restore default toolbar).

8513b5bba8f5e97a8fc1a1bc4b302e4d

Please report any bug ;)

(By the way, transformations for surfaces are not supported yet.)

Cheers,

Mathieu

photo

Hi,

New tools with 4.9.241 :

* Net tool, that allow you to unfold a cube, pyramid, prism, etc.

* Cube and Tetrahedron tools

All are available below pyramid tool (go to tools > restore defaults to get it).

Commands CircumcircularArc[A, B, C] and CircumcircularSector[A, B, C] now works also with 3D points (tools should follow).

Command UnitVector[ <Object> ] now works with 3D line and vector, and also plane, polygon, etc. (returns the unit orthogonal vector).

Cheers,

Mathieu

© 2019 International GeoGebra Institute