Radu Niculae shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

http://www.geogebra.org/man...

I am in learning process.

How I can do graphics using a list of successive integers, list1= {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10} ?

Sense of this question it is how we can make domains of functions on x, y, z, using two points in entry window, for example 1..10

x have values from list1 and f(x) to be traced in a Graphics window

Thankyou

Best Answer
photo

Maybe you ask for something like in the 2 attachment (translate your language in language of GGB).

The paradigma of Geogebra is not procedural (like BASIC) the paradigma is functional (similar then EXCEL)

Comments (11)

photo

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean, but functions whithin a restricted domain can be defined and graphed with the command Function[ <Function>, <Start x-Value>, <End x-Value> ].

Using a list you can use Min[ <List> ] and Max[<List>] to define start and end.

chris

photo

If you want to restrict function to a finite set of points, you can define

f(x)=x^2

(1..10,f(1..10))

If you want to restrict the function to a continuous domain, please use Function command (or If command) like Chris suggested.

photo

Yes mister,

I want to restrict function to a finite set of points.

How I can make

f(x)=x^2

(1..10,f(1..10))

to run ?

ThankYou

photo

Please just type that in the input bar.

1. f(x)=x^2

will create a function f

1. (1..10,f(1..10))

will create points on f. Then you can hide function f. Make sure you have a recent version of GeoGebra for this to work.

photo

Hello mister

I have instaled GeoGebra 5.0.303.0.3D, and folowing your latest instructions, i see that works.

This it what I want:

1 REM drowing a function using a basic interpreter with graphics

10 DIM a$= 10

20 LET a$ = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10}

30 REM a$ it is List1. List1 is created by putting 1..10 on input window and then pressing ENTER key

40 LET k=1

50 LET x1=a$(k) : LET y1=x1^2 + 2x1 +14: LET x2 = a$(k+1): LET y2=x2^2 + 2x2 +14

60 IF k< 10 THEN DRAW x,y, x1,y1: LET k = k+1: GOTO 50

70 REM this is a 'low poly graphics' ploting style of y=x^2 + 2x +14

another way it is to use 'STEP', meaning 'increment'

we can easy imagine and doimg a basic routine using primitives of language

ThankYou for Your answer

photo
photo

---------------------------------

let x=1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

let f(x) = an expresion in x

plot (x, f(x))

---------------------------------

list1={1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10}

rename list1 to domain

domain= {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10}

a = Min[domain]

b=Max{domain}

function[x^2+3*x, a, b] plot f(x) with small step, but me i want step =1

photo

10 REM basic programming of ploting a function

20 LET a = 1

30 LET b = a^2+3*a

40 PLOT a,b

50 IF a < 9 THEN a = a+1: GOTO 30

60 PRINT "the function was ploted"

:-)

photo

Maybe you ask for something like in the 2 attachment (translate your language in language of GGB).

The paradigma of Geogebra is not procedural (like BASIC) the paradigma is functional (similar then EXCEL)

photo

at https://www.geogebra.org/ma... i see

list1={x^2, x^3, x^6}

photo
photo

ThankYou mister rami.

Great work from You and i ThankYou for this,

My ideea is to make the computer to use litlle time with showing complex shapes.

I have smoll RAM video memmory, 1GB, and shapes with many wires and vertex slow down showing of functions ploting.

By the way, 'rami' mean in romanian slang how RAM integrated circuits have a electric board

My planning is to learn to use Geogebra for using it like a tool. For this i must to knew to use it.

I will study with carefuly there files and i will be back with comments about they.

photo

comment: i see that this topic was clasified for romanian section. but here I wrote in 'romglish', a combination of romanian with english. :-D

my english is without english grammar and like in romanian language style. infact may english is romanian with english words and without grammar :-)

© 2018 International GeoGebra Institute